Saddleback Ladies & Gentlemen Senior League
The goal of the Saddleback Senior Golf League is to promote the enjoyment of the game of golf by senior (50 and over) golfers and create a fellowship among its members through organized weekly play.
We welcome all senior golfers who find enjoyment in the game of golf and would like to meet other senior golfers. We will strive to have fun, meet new friends and play competitively for prizes in a socially companionable environment without being highly competitive.
We will have weekly games that are all based on net scores using league specific handicaps based on league scores only (no need for a GHIN number). The fee to join the league is $20 to cover any administrative costs (which are expected to be minor), most of which will be utilized for lunch and prize money on the last day league scramble. Depending on the cost of the menu golfers may need to contribute some amount for the lunch but we will keep that as low as possible.
Each week players will pay $5 toward prize money for the day (low net score, 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. depending on the number of players) plus closest to the pin and long putt games. In addition, there will be an optional skins game ($2/play day) based on net scores/hole. Prizes for placement, long putt and closest to will be paid in club house credits and skins prizes will be paid in cash. Players can participate in skins once their league handicap is established (after one round of league play). Players must play with at least one other player who will validate submitted scores.
If you have any questions regarding this league, please contact league managers, Larry Kappel or Chuck Farnsworth. If any other potential members would be interested in assisting with league operations they are welcome to join us.
Tournament/League Results & Information
Tee Times & Pairings:
League play will begin on Wednesday, May 2 with T times beginning at 8:00 A.M.
Players are requested to check in with the league desk between 7:30 and 8:00 so we can utilize the T times set aside by the club for league play that day.
First day T times required will be based on the number of registered members.
Indications of availability will be collected for the next and following weeks to determine T time requirements.
League membership fees ($20), prize fees ($5) and optional skins fees ($2) must be paid in cash (no credit cards) at time of check in.
SADDLEBACK Ladies & Gentlemen Senior’s League
WEDNESDAY LEAGUE PLAY INFORMATION
1. League play is an 18-Hole tournament on Wednesday each week. Rounds will be played In pre-reserved T times for the league beginning at 8:00 AM.
2. Individual player T times will be on a first come first served basis at check in. Check in will be from 7:30-8: AM. All players must play with at least one other Senior League member for League Play scoring.
3. Handicaps are league specific and based on league scores only using software purchased previously for that purpose at another course. League handicaps are based on the best three of the most recent five league scores. A league handicap is produced after one league score is entered into the system. A GHIN number is not required for this league. If players have a GHIN handicap number, they should enter a league score into the GHIN system on their own. League management will not enter league scores into the GHIN system.
4. Men play from either Silver, White or Blue tees (nominally white) and women from Silver or White (nominally Silver). Handicaps will be adjusted based on the tees played in accordance with the USGA formula for players competing from different tees. For Saddleback the adjustments are as follows: Women playing from the Silver tees, add 3 strokes to the league handicap. Women playing from the White tees add 6 strokes. Men playing from the silver tees subtract 3 strokes from the league handicap. Men playing from the white tees use the league handicap and if playing from the blue tees add 3 strokes to the league handicap.
The software used for league management makes this adjustment automatically when players are entered into the tournament management software with specific tees identified. There is no need for players to make any adjustment on their own. Gross scores on a hole by hole basis only are to be kept by players and turned into league management at the end of the round.
5. The entry fee for each week’s tournament is $5.00, cash, paid at check-in at the Saddleback desk. The entry fee must be paid prior to the round being played and is required to be entered into the tournament.
6. Entry fee for the optional weekly skins play is $2.00 (cash). Skins are awarded on a net score basis and require at least one league score before a player qualifies for the skins game. The skins entry fee is to be paid to league management prior to the round beginning.
7. Complete your scorecard with Hole-by-Hole gross scores, full names and signatures for the 18 holes of league play. Write the scores on the scoresheet posted at the clubhouse. Turn scorecards into league management immediately after the round is played. Each player is to initial their scoresheet as validation. Scores will be entered in the league software as they are turned in and awards determined after all scorecards have been submitted. Payouts in golf shop credits and cash can be made after the end of all play or will be paid the following week if players leave the course before all players have finished.
8. Scores will be entered in league specific software by the league managers. Players must designate to league management which tees they are playing prior to beginning the round as this will determine the handicap for league play that day.
LEAGUE TOURNAMENT PLAY FORMAT
1. USGA rules along with the local rules apply to each weekly tournament.
2. There are no flights in the Senior league. Players choose which tees they will play from as noted above. Tee selection must be made and reported to league management prior to playing the round. Ideally, players will not change tees from week to week. One change, during the season, will be allowed.
3. Placement positions and skins are determined by a completed and signed scorecard.
4. Wednesday League placement awards. Closest to pin on par 3’s and long putt awards are paid in clubhouse credits. Skins are paid in cash
5. Player placement is determined by net scoring. Ties are decided by hardest to easiest hole handicap ‘scorecard playoff’.
6. Skins play is optional. Wednesday Placement entry fee ($5.00) must be paid to be eligible to play in the skins game.
7. League play entry fee refunds cannot be made because of weather. The play entry is confirmed once the player has teed from the first hole of play.